Legs can become bent due to the following reasons:
– Exposure to heat
– Forced removal from the shipment box
– Improper moulding
To fix this problem, the best method is the hot water solution which is detailed below.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat slightly.
- Immerse the bent leg and gently move the horse in a circular motion not allowing the model to touch the sides of the pot.
- Remove the model after 45 seconds, and, with an oven mitt, slowly bend the leg back to its proper position. Do not grip the leg too tightly as the fabric of the mitt may leave a imprint.
- If the leg does not bend easily, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Stand the horse on a level surface to make sure that it stands squarely.